Wire LED String, 3m x 60 LEDs, 5cm Spacing
Here's a string of tiny SMD LEDs on very thin, 3 meter length of enamel wire, spaced ~5cm apart. Easy way to add dazzle to a project.
When we first saw this type of LED string, we know we had to have them. But with more bling. Instead of 10cm (4") spacing, we had our own manufactured with a much tighter 5cm spacing (1.9") spacing. But to keep the power requirements reasonable, these strings are a shorter 3.3M (10') length.
As these use a solid-core wire, they can be bent and formed to generally hold a shape.
- 3.3M long (10') (+5/-10%)
- ~ 5cm (1.9") spacing between LEDs
- 26 gauge enamel wire
- Included 12 ohm, 1 watt current-limiting resistor for 4.5VDC operation
- LED viewable at ~0.05 mA/ea, functionally bright at 2mA/ea, very bright at 4mA/ea
- 60 LED string current draw - 118mA (low power) to 238mA (high power)
- Colours available:
- Warm White
- RGB (Separate Red, Blue, Green LEDs)
Note: This string is provided with a unattached resistor. Powering a string up without a resistor can result in burning out the whole string of LEDs. Soldering skill is necessary.
Performance Note: Factory datasheets suggest the LEDs are 20mA rated, but 60 LEDs @ 20mA = 1.2A. Although 26 gauge wire is 2.2A capable, we found powering up the strings over 15mA/LED causes stress to the LEDs closest to the power source. DO NOT exceed 10mA/LED (600mA for whole string) for safe operation.