XBee-PRO Module - 60mW Wire Antenna
The low-power XBee 802.15.4 and extended-range XBee-PRO 802.15.4 use the IEEE 802.15.4 networking protocol for fast point-to-multipoint or peer-to-peer networking.
The XBee Pro series borrows from the excellent "Series 1" units, but now offers a schwackload of range! These 2.4GHz communication modules also take the the 802.15.4 stack and wrap it with a tasty, easy-to-use serial interface command set.
This particular model is the "XBee-PRO 802.15.4" (formerly Series 1) part XBP24-ACW-001, and features:
- 63 mW built-in mini wire whip antenna
- 63 mW output (but the chip antenna designation kinda gives that away already, huh?)
- 250kbps communication speed
- 3.3V @ 50mA power consumption
- 1.6kM (1 mile) range (line-of sight, which is pretty darn good!)
- 6 10-bit ADC input pins
- 8 digital I/O pins
- 128-bit encryption
- Uses standard AT or API command sets
- Industrial temperature rating (-40° C to 85° C), so feel free to use it in your hot-tub in Iceland.
- FCC certified for USA, Canada, Australia, & Europe. No worries about men in antenna-laden vans driving up to your house with a "you've been naughty" look on their faces.