Like BlinkM, its larger sibling, it runs our unique firmware that creates virtually any RGB color, fades smoothly between two colors, and blinks in virtually any pattern. It can glow like a firefly or flicker like an antique indicator bulb. It's a smart LED that lets you do all of that without having to know any electronics engineering or programming languages. BlinkM Sequencer--our free Open Source sequencing software runs on most operating systems--makes it easy to select any RGB color or pattern and instantly upload it to BlinkM MinM (we also provide Java, C, and Processing libraries and programming examples for using it).
It's also tiny and stealthy: 0.5 cm on a side, and less than 0.25 cm high. Its open through-holes make it easy to sew onto garments or mount in unusual locations, and it has no protruding components, so it lies smooth and won't snag.
Once programmed, the BlinkM MinM can be detached from its programming interface and work standalone. It will then glow the programmed color or play the programmed pattern whenever 5 volts is applied, just like a regular LED, but with much more flexibility. It can be reprogrammed thousands of times, or stay tethered and be controlled using simple software commands, changing colors in real time.
All for under $15.
- No electronics experience!
- No programming experience!
- LinkM USB Programmer, or Arduino I/O board
- ThingM Sequencer software for Arduino or Multitrack Sequencer for LinkM
- OSX 10.3.9, Windows XP/7, Linux
- Java 1.5 or later (included with Windows installation)
- Full-color RGB LED w/ 24-bit color control
- Can plug directly into Arduino or LinkM, no wiring or other components needed!
- Specify colors using 24-bit RGB or HSB
- Fade between colors with variable timing and fade speeds
- Randomized color selection, with ranges and based on previous color
- 18 built-in light scripts (sequences)
- Create and save light scripts of up to 49 commands long
- Stand-alone operation: No microcontroller needed for light script playback
- Up to 127 BlinkM channels on a single two-wire network
- Low power consumption
- Controllable with any microcontroller (BASIC Stamp, MAKE Controller, etc.)
- Reconfigurable network address
- Comes packaged with an unsoldered 4-pin header that can be soldered in or friction fit for programming using standard 0.1" headers, like a standard BlinkM or MaxM.
- Integrated diffuser smoothly mixes colors from the individual LED dies.
- Two 8-bit analog inputs
- Conditional behavior based on analog input
- Has a long duration pause command for up to 91 hours, so it's appropriate for architectural or ambient display installations.
- Acts as an I2C master and can control other BlinkMs, MaxMs and MinMs on the same I2C bus, eliminating the need for a secondary controller in certain circumstances.
- 6,000 mcd (millicandelas) of light intensity
- 120-degree viewing angle
- 3.6-5v operating voltage, 60mA max
- 0.5g weight
- Fade duration: 1/30 second to 91 hours
- Two-wire (aka "I2C") control
- 5-volt standard TTL inputs
- 4-pin 0.1" spacing BlinkM I2C connector