Prop-2 Starter Kit
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The Prop-2 controller is a powerful, specialized controller designed by professionals for use as a special-effect controller. Solarbotics is the sole retailer for these within Canada!
Electronic automation of physical devices can be a bit of a hairy task. Figuring out actuators, how to drive them, how to code it so it does what you want - these are all now simplified by the skilled people at EFX-TEK.
The Prop-2 is based on the very popular Basic Stamp 2Â® by Parallax, and has been augmented to make it perfect for this application. Here's what it features:
- 16 I/O pins
- 12 / 24VDC power input
- Outputs can control TTL (5VDC), and hobby servos, or higher power devices via the ULN2803A drivers to power 12-24VDC solenoids, low-voltage lamps and small DC motors
- Dual connectors for all I/O (3-pin headers for TTL I/O; terminal blocks for high-current, open-collector outputs)
- All I/O lines are protected with inline resistors
- Optional pull-up / pull-down setup resistors on pins P12 to P15.
- 3-position power switch allows use of single power or dual isolated power (for mixed voltage projects).
- Programmable with the free Parallax Basic Stamp Editor or MacBS2 IDE (for Mac systems)
- Small and tidy size makes it easy to hide in your project
The Starter Kit makes it easy for you to get started, and saves you money! It includes:
Note: If you're using a computer with USB only, you may need a USB-to-Serial converter.