The Prop-2 controller is a cost-effective, efficient controller specifically designed by professionals for use as a special-effect controller. Solarbotics is the sole retailer for these within Canada!
This item is currently 20% off its $99.95 USD / 104.95 CAD retail price, while quantities last.
If your prop or display control project is a more advanced than what the Prop-1 can handle, it's time for you to move up to the Prop-2 Controller. This controller is best suited for applications including:
- Holiday / museum displays
- Special FX & prop
- Small-scale industrial control
The Prop-2 is based on the very popular Basic Stamp 2® by Parallax, and has been augmented to make it perfect for this application. Here's what it features:
- 16 I/O pins
- 9-24VDC power input
- Outputs can control TTL (5VDC), and hobby servos, or higher power devices via the ULN2803A drivers to power 12-24VDC solenoids, low-voltage lamps and small DC motors
- Dual connectors for all I/O (3-pin headers for TTL I/O; terminal blocks for high-current, open-collector outputs)
- All I/O lines are protected with inline resistors
- Optional pull-up / pull-down setup resistors on pins P12 to P15.
- 3-position power switch allows use of single power or dual isolated power (for mixed voltage projects).
- Programmable with the free Parallax Basic Stamp Editor or MacBS2 IDE (for Mac systems)
- Small and tidy size makes it easy to hide in your project
We recommend a 12VDC 1A power adapter for this kit.