Wire, Nichrome, 32AWG - 10.5ohm/ft, 1/4lb SKU: 180162
Wire, Nichrome, 32AWG – 10.5ohm/ft, 1/4lb
Solid wire suitable for electric heating elements or applications that need corrosion resistance.
Nichrome wire is an interesting blend of Nickel and Chromium. Unlike other wire alloys, it keeps a relatively high tensile strength when heated, and doesn’t excessively elongate. It’s often used as electrical heating element or in applications needing corrosion resistance, but this particular wire is bare exposed wire. In the creative community, it’s often used with a variable power supply to create a melting wire for cutting foam, or as a high-power variable load.
- Solid soft drawn and annealed, Composition: 80% Nickel, 20% Chromium ASTM B344
- Max. Operating Temp 1148°C (2100°F)
- Melting Point 1400°C (2550°F)
- Tensile Strength 100-120 KSI
- Yield 45-55 KSI
- Elongation 20%
- Element resistance at 68°F (Ohms)
- Density 0.304 lbs/cubic in.
- 1/4lb roll
|Dimensions||5.1 × 5.2 × 3.5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.