The I2C-16I/O board is a I2C 16 bits General Purpose Input/Output module. There are no external components required.
The I2C-16I/O board is a I2C 16 bits General Purpose Input/Output module. There are no external components required. Only two signal lines SDA and SCL plus supply voltage and ground are required to be connected. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require more input/output ports.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other port expander module. Innovations feature like on-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors, power and interrupt LEDs. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.70 x 1.10 inches.
The I2C-16IO is designed base on PCA9535 IC. The module consists of two 8-bit configuration. Each bit can be configuring as input or output by writing to the I/O configuration bits. The data for each Input or Output is kept in the corresponding Input or Output register. The polarity of the read register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion Register. All registers can be read by the system master.
The module open-drain interrupt output is activated when any input state differs from its corresponding input port register state and is used to indicate to the system master that an input state has changed.
Three jumper pins vary the fixed I2C address and allow up to eight devices to share the same I2C bus. That is total of 128 I/O pins!
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors, power and interrupt LEDs
• Decoupling supply voltage
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• All SMT components
• Small and compact in size 0.70 x 1.10 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
• Operating power supply voltage range of 2.3V to 5.5V
• Suitable for 2.5V, 3.3V or 5.0V microcontroller
• Active LOW interrupt output
• Low stand-by current
• Noise filter on SCL/SDA inputs
• No glitch on power-up
• Internal power-on reset
• 16 I/O pins which default to 16 inputs
• 0kHz to 400kHz clock frequency
• ESD protection exceeds 2000V HBM per JESD22-A114, 200V MM per JESD22-A115 and 1000V CDM per JESD22-C101