Junkbots, Bugbots, and Bots on Wheels
Need a book on simple, effective robotics? This is the one! Written by Solarbotics' founder Dave Hrynkiw with contributions by Mark Tilden
Looking for a book to get you into the nitty-gritty of building robots? Here's what you need!
Based on BEAM technology, you won't need programming skills or equipment - all the projects use simple, robust electronic circuits. Far from being wordy & academic, the theory is covered in a humorous way, or can be totally ignored in favour of just "let's get to building this thing!".
Written by Solarbotics' founder Dave Hrynkiw and BEAM Guru Mark Tilden, it includes:
- Preface by Mark Tilden
- Ch. 1 Welcome to the World of Simple Robotics!
- Ch. 2 BEAM Safety: Read This Before Building a Robot
- Ch. 3 Identifying Electronic Bits
- Ch. 4 Electronics Assembly Techniques
- Ch. 5 Tools and Mechanical Assembly Techniques
- Ch. 6 Dumpster Diving 101: How to Scavenge Robot Parts
- Ch. 7 Project 1: The Symet: An Introduction to Solar-Powered Robotics
- Ch. 8 Project 2: The Solaroller: BEAM-Style Drag Racing
- Ch. 9 Project 3: The Herbie Photovore
- Ch. 10 Project 4: The Bicore Headbot
- Ch. 11 Project 4: The BEAM Magbot Pendulum
- Ch. 12 Project 5: The BEAM Mini-Sumo Wrestling Edgebot
- Ch. 13 Project 7: The Basic 2-Motor Walker
- Ch. 14 Project 8: An Advanced BEAM Project: Building Intelligent Motor Drivers (The ABc Bicore by Mark Tilden)
- App. A Resources for More BEAM Information
- App. B Materials and Techniques of BEAM Robotics
- App. C Technical Schematics
See more information, and a sample chapter at http://junkbots.solarbotics.net/
And upon request (leave a note during checkout) you can have your copy signed by the author Dave Hrynkiw!