Prop Shield With Motion Sensors
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The Teensy Prop Shield is a wonderfully full-features sensor add-on for Teensy (and other) microcontrollers, featuring 11 sensor inputs, audio amplification and 8MB extra memory.
The Teensy is known as a great value, as it's Arduino-compatible, super-powerful, and has a well-established userbase. The Prop Shield is designed to mate with a Teensy to open it up for use for quicky-builds of props and costumes.
What the Prop Shield brings to the party is this:
- Motion sensors - we're talking the big 11: X/Y/Z Gyro, X/Y/Z Accelerometer, X/Y/Z Magnetometer, plus air pressure (altitude) and temperature.
- Audio Amplification - 2 Watts capable of driving 4~8 ohm speaker loads, allowing for Teensy's speech synth & sound effect.
- Fast LED Driver - 5V buffered outputs for APA102 and other addressable LEDs. And Teensy's speed makes animations smoooth.
- Extra 8MB Flash Memory - Ideal for storing sound clips and datalogging with the serialflash library.
The Shield can be directly soldered to a Teensy, but it is slightly longer. A slight increase in size and thickness results in a HUGE increase in functionality of your Teensy installation!
On a side note, although this is designed for a Teensy, it could be "hotwired" into any 3.3V compatible microcontroller to make use of most (if not all) of these features. It's a real bargain of a board, not be overlooked for adding functionality to your project.
- 3-Axis Accelerometer and X/Y/Z Magnetometer by Freescale FXOS8700CQ
- 3-Axis Digital Angular Rate Gyroscope by Freescale FXAS21002
- Altimeter & Temperature by Freescale Xtrinsic Xtrinsic MPL3115A2
- 2W Audio Amplification by TI LM48310 Boomer IC
- 64MBit (8MB) Serial flash memory by Winbond W25Q64FV
- 3.3V operation