Rover 5 Robot Platform SKU: 50858
Rover 5 Robot Platform
If you’re looking for a base for your next robot, look no further than the Rover 5. This 4 motor monstrosity takes any terrain by storm…. just don’t take it out in a storm… please!
Available on backorder
The Rover 5 uses 4 independent motors, each with an optical quadrature encoder and gearbox. The entire gearbox assembly can be rotated at 5 degree increments for different clearance configurations. You can even replace the tank treads with traditional wheels.
This isn’t a wimpy or flimsy robot base. Weighing in at over 2.5 pounds without batteries, this base is heavy duty and can drive over quite a bit. Check the manual below for dimensional drawings.
- Completely adjustable gear box angles for each motor
- 4 individually controlled DC Gear motors
- 4 independent optical encoders
- Thick rubber tank treads
- 6 x ‘AA’ battery holder (total of 7.2V for rechargeables & 9V for Alkaline)
- 10Kg/cm stall torque per motor
- Suppression coils attached to each motor
- Replaceable hubs for swapping with wheels
Quadrature Encoder Example
|Dimensions||23 × 23 × 9 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.