Replacing the venerable Hakko FX-888 soldering iron is the 888D!
The new digital Hakko FX-888D is now available!
The Hakko FX-888D is an updated digital version of the popular FX-888 and includes several new features. User selectable preset temperatures and digital calibration simplify user setup and operation, and the new password protection and low-temperature alarm provides process control and helps protect against cold solder joints.
• Adjustable temperature control
• Temperature range 120° - 899°F (50° - 480°C)
• Digital display shows °F or °C
• Maintains idle temperature within 1.8°F (1°C) when set to 400 - 899°F (200 - 480°C)
• Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
• Password protected temperature setting functionality
• Preset mode allows you to store up to five (5) preset temperatures
• Slender, lightweight ergonomic iron handles
• Compact design takes up less bench space
• Wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications
• Use with Hakko T18 series tips
• ESD Safe
Power Consumption: 70W / 120VAC
Temperature Range: 120° - 899°F (50° - 480°C)
Temperature Stability: ±1.8°F (1.0°C)
Temperature Control: Closed-loop sensor
Dimensions: 100(W) x 120(H) x 120(D) mm; 3.9(W) x 4.7(H) x 4.7(D) in.
Shipping Dimensions: 242(W) x 178(H) x 242(D) mm; 9.5(W) x 7.0(H) x 9.5(D) in.
Weight: 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)
Shipping Weight: 4.7 lbs (2.13 kg)
ESD Safe: Yes
IPC J-STD-001: Meets or Exceeds requirements
APPROVED: MET certified
Model Name: FX-8801
Part Number: FX8801-02
Power Consumption: 65W / 26VAC
Tip: T18 Series
Standard Tip: T18-D16 (shape 1.6D)
Tip-to-Ground Resistance: < 2 ohms
Tip-to-Ground Potential: < 2mV
Heating Element: Ceramic
Handpiece Length (w/o cord): 8.5 in. (217 mm) with T18-D16 tip
Cord Length/Reach: 3.9 ft. (1.2m)
Weight (w/o cord): 0.1 lb (46g) with T18-D16 tip
Hakko FX-888D Station N/A
FX8801-01 Soldering iron FX8801-02
Soldering iron tip w/ FX-8801 T18-D16
Iron holder FH800-01BY
Cleaning sponge A1559
Tip cleaning wire A1561
Instruction Manual N/A
NOTE: Stability is at idle temperature in the 400°-899°F range (200°-480°C).