PICAXE-08M2 microcontroller chip. Supports 6 input/outputs including 3 analog inputs.
PICAXE is a neat entry-level microcontroller system that is relatively cheap to get started with. The chip is programmed with a simple serial connection and the BASIC development environment is free! PICAXE has some excellent educational applications and support, and is a great entryway into more complicated embedded systems. If you're look for a place to start with microcontrollers, PICAXE is a great way to go!
PICAXE-08M2 microcontroller chip that now offers 8 times more memory over the previous 08M version + lots more features.
- Up to 1800 program lines
- Works on supplies as low as 1.8V, ideal for 2 cell, 3V battery packs
- 28 general purpose byte registers
- 6 I/O Pins
- 4 way multi-tasking
- 255 gosub routines stack
- 3 ADC's
- New time variable that counts elapsed time
- 256 bytes of EEPROM
- 32MHz max speed
- Supports ringtones, servos, digital temperature sensors, infrared I/O on any pin
- Supports DAC, SR latch, hardware serial commands, I2C and motor pwm control
- Now engraved with the PICAXE branding so no confusion on whether it is a plain PIC chip or a pre-programmed PICAXE