BB-2 Zig-zag solder prototyping board, 80x100mm
Small but handy, the zig-zag patterns on this single-sided prototyping board make short work of complex interconnections.
Busboard Prototype Systems has created this funky little pattern on their single-sided solder breadboards that quite useful. Instead of simple left/right extensions to pads, this design brings pins from both sides of an IC to a common side... and more. We came up with five handy ways to use the Zig-zag protoboards, including:
- Gather all pins from an installed IC to one edge of the board (makes for an easy ribbon-cable attachment!)
- Use extra pad pins to add debug or breakout headers between chips connections
- Super-easy twinning/buffering signals across multiple chips (think teaming up LED or motor drivers like a team of horses!)
- Simple fanning out of signals to multiple ICs
- Easy multiplexing of signals from microcontrollers to external dataflow control chips
It's a bit daunting to see the board up close, but see our convenient usage examples for how to best use a Zig-zag board!
- Board Size Factor 2: 100 x 80mm (3.94 x 3.15"), 1.6mm (1/16") thick
- Single-sided 1oz/ft2copper FR4 circuit boards (lead free and RoHS compliant)
- Soldermasking for easy pad identification and solder control
- 2.54mm (0.1") spaced 0.94mm (0.037") holes, ideal for IC leads or square post headers
- 31 x 38 hole pattern, with 62 separate BusBoard traces