Arduino Experimenters Kit (without Arduino)
Already have an Arduino, but not sure what to do with it? Add it to our Solarbotics edition of the Arduino Experimenter's Kit!
Solarbotics has teamed up with Oomlout to produce their clever Arduino Experimenter's Kit here in North America. This version comes without an Arduino!
Note: This is exactly the same kit as our standard ARDX, but without the Arduino & USB cable. Add your own Arduino or Freeduino SB (and USB cable)!
This open-source project features 11 experiments that are step-by-step simple, and with a full-colour template overlay for your breadboard, you're unlikely to go wrong. We've combed through the documentation to make it as clear and concise as we can, and have re-posted it back up to the archive at http://www.ardx.org (ain't open-source cooperation great?).
We've selected hardware for our version of the kit that easily meets or exceeds the requirements of the Experimenter's Kit. Of particular note are:
- 12 colour breadboard template overlay sheets. These make it very simple to accurately mount your components to the breadboard.
- Pin these down with the supplied pins and connect to the 5-cell AA battery pack holder. 7.5V means the 5V power regulator on your Arduino / Freeduino-SB will run perfectly with no fear of a voltage sag.
- Large 11 x 7" plastic case has plenty of space for your whole experimenter's package - even the manual!
- Larger-than-normal 10 x 6 x 3/8" 32 page manual is easier to read than a folded 8.5x5.5" half-sheet manual.
The rest of the kit contains a veritable plethora ("lots of neat things"), including:
- 300 point breadboard
- Laser cut color acrylic base-plate (colors may vary)
- 70-piece flexible jumper wire bundle (these are nice)
- 10 x Red 5mm LEDs
- 11 x Green 5mm LEDs
- 1 x Massive 10mm blue LED
- 1 x DC Motor
- 1 x Mini Servo
- 1 x 74HC595 8-bit shift register IC
- 1 x Piezo Speaker/sensor element
- 2 x Pushbuttons
- 1 x 10k Trimpot with handy finger-sized knob
- 1 x Photo resistor
- 1 x TMP36 Temperature sensor
- 1 x 5V DPDT relay
- 2 x 2n2222 transistors
- 25 x 560 ohm resistors
- 3 x 2.2k resistors
- 3 x 10k resistors
- 2 x 1N4001 diodes
- Arduino-to-acrylic base mounting hardware
- 4 x 2-pin male headers (for pinning the templates to the breadboard)
- 1 x 20-pin male header (for pinning down templates to other breadboards at the same time)
It's a great way to get started with Arduino. With a laptop (with Internet to download code samples) and this bundle, you really can just sit down and get right to work!
Download your own documents here: