Pimoroni Raspberry Pi LiPo Shim
For when you need to be mobile with your Raspberry Pi. Add this shim and a LiPo battery, and you're good to go!
Raspberry Pi (especially the Zero series) are begging to be portable. This LiPo SHIM is just the trick to add a single LiPo cell to the unit and get a solid 5V feed to your Pi.
Installation can be either temporary by using 2x6 pins, or soldering it directly to the GPIO pin header. There's even GPIO 4 access you can have the Pi monitor for a low battery condition.
- 2 Pin JST Header
- Power and Low-Batt LED indicators
- Capable of 1.5A continuous current
- 15µA quiescent current
- 3.4V "low battery" trigger
- Auto-shutdown at 3.0V
- This kit requires soldering (for either directly to the Pi, or to attach the plug-in header)
- This is not also a battery charger, like the Adafruit Powerboost is (and happens to be another useful module for similar purposes)
- It's an easy 1-line code add-on to your Pi to have it monitor and auto-shutdown.