LulzBot TAZ 6
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
Aleph Objects make two of the most highly rated 3D printers in recent years - the Lulzbot Mini and the TAZ. Treat your self to a machine that ...just works...
There have been a few generations of 3D printers since the original "Cupcake", and more than a handful of manufacturers. Among the cream of the crop is Aleph Objects (a.k.a.: Lulzbot). They have embodied the original principals of open-source hardware, and make fabulous equipment like the TAZ series, which has been rated among the top three 3D printers since 2015.
Aleph practices what they preach in that they have a farm of their own 3D printers printing parts for their 3D printers. If there's a way spur a company to make an efficient, reliable product is to have them use it themselves on a daily basis. Granted, there are less expensive 3D printers on the market, but out of the four we've owned over the years at Solarbotics, the Lulzbot is the only one that was as simple as Unbox, Plug-in, & Start Using. We did not have to tweak anything to get acceptable prints, and ony minor adjustments to really dial it in for superior results.
So what makes the Lulzbot line so appealing to us? Here's our shortlist:
- Unpack & get to work (no messing around with manual calibrations)
- Included servicing toolset
- Open source hardware & models
- Lulzbot Cura slicing software...is free, and wonderful
- Made in North America
It's a tough machine. No wonder we've seen it becoming the defacto standard in the area for use in schools.
Need more technical information?
- Heated borosilicate glass allows use with practically all modern filaments
- 280x280x250mm (11x11x9.8") print size = 19,600 cm3 (1,185 in3) of usable space
- 200mm/sec (7.9 in/sec) maximum head travel speed
- 30 - 50mm/sec (1.18 - 1.97in) average print speed using default nGen profile
- 0.050 to 0.5mm (0.002-0.02") layer thickness with 0.5mm nozzle
- Capable Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, bronze, copper, stainless steel-filled filaments, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, PC-ABS, Alloy 910, and more every day.
- Discouraged Materials: 3D printing with carbon fiber filaments is not recommended at this time because carbon fiber filaments can degrade both the nozzle and hot end of the LulzBot TAZ 6 Tool Head.
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1") (but there are hacks to accomidate 1.75mm filament - yay open source!)
- Multi-Software Compatible: Freedom to use any number of 3D printing software programs, Cura LulzBot Edition ships standard! Other compatible Free Software options include OctoPrint, BotQueue, Slic3r, Printrun, MatterControl, and many more.
- Overall Size: 66x52x52cm (26x20.47x20.47")
- Operating Dimensions: : 820x630x520mm (32.3x24.8x20.3")
- Unboxed Weight: 14.97kg (33 Lb)
- Shipping Weight: 19.5kg (43 Lb)
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC
- Power Output: 24 volt 500 watts 21 amp
- Average Current Draw: 5.3 Amps (US), 2.65 Amps (EU)
- Example Power Consumption: ABS
- 0.239kWh, 30 minute print
- 0.450 kWh, 60 minute print
- Maximum Draw: 625 watts
- Operating Temperature Range
- Maximum Tool Head Temperature: 300°C (572°F)
- Maximum Heated Bed Temperature: 120°C (248°F)
- Certifications: CE. FCC, WEE
TAZ 3D printer package includes:
- LulzBot TAZ 6 3D printer with integrated 24V power supply
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- One-year warranty and support
- LulzBot Hexagon Hot End Tool Head with 0.50mm Nozzle
- Quick Setup Guide
- 4GB SD Card
- Filament Feed tube
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
Note: Due to the Lulzbot's bulkiness, shipping may need to be quoted and appended to your order