This item contains just the PCB for building the MEGA Protoshield. You supply your own connectors and accessories.
The design has a nice feature set:
- Power bus for +5V and GND down the center of the board.
- Central bus can be configured to carry +5V, GND, neither or both (set with jumpers)
- Special horizontal 5-pin bus to install pin headers for external connections
- 2x5 IDC connector area for external connections
- Holes connected in groups of five, much like a breadboard
- All regular Arduino pins accessible on top
- No worries about shorting against large USB jack! This Shield does not go over it!
- Power LED and reset button on top
- USB/External power jumper accessible with protoshield installed
- Components required to fully populate the protoboard are:
- 0.1µF or 0.22µF capacitor
- 330/470 ohm resistor
- Tactile Switch
- Header pins (2x3 female, 6-pin female, 9 x 8-pin female, 6-pin male, 2 x jumpers)