Small, low-power, 2.4GHz plug-in 802.15.4 -based transmitter-receiver modules, with an extended range up to 2.5 miles and power consumption as low as 2.5uA.
The Synapse Wireless SNAP wireless data solution is the latest in intelligent wireless communication modules. Synapse takes 802.15.4 Zigbee/XBee style communication one step further, and makes it smart.
Synapse modules are microcontroller-based, and designed to inherently mesh together. The SNAP software lets you access every node in the network from a single point (base-station/microcontroller/PC equipped with module), and as they already have a microcontroller, these can be used stand-alone!
The modules themselves are reprogrammable, and use embedded Python as their programming language. These modules even make available the extra I/O, analog-to-digital converters, I2C and a timer capable of PWM! These are smart 802.15.4-based modules!
- Model RF100PC6 (802.15.4 Protocol)
- Maximum Range version, with integrated "F" PCB antenna
- Maximum range performance: 1000ft Indoor range; 2.5 mile outdoor range (LOS)
- 24 pins, with 19 general purpose I/O, 8 of which can be 10-bit A/D inputs
- 2 UART ports (for control or transparent data communication)
- Timer1 on Pin 2 for PWM out
- I2C communication (Pins 19, 20)
- SPI communication (Pins 14, 15, 16)
- 60k flash memory (20k available for user applications)
- Embedded Python
- Can be used stand-alone (no additional microcontroller required)
- Low power mode of 2.5μA with internal timer running
- Supply voltage: 2.7V~3.4V
- Transmit Current: 110mA (Typ)
- Receive Current: 65mA
- Idle Current: 15mA
- Sleep Current: 2.5µA
- Socketable on 2mm spacing
- 33.86mm x 33.86mm (1.333" x 1.333") overall dimensions
- FCC certified on all 16 channels (2.4GHz)
- Spread spectrum (DSSS) technology resists noisy environments
- Wireless serial port
- Wireless sensor monitoring
- Remote display applications
- Actuator control or an intelligent embedded controller
Here's a link to Synapse Product Resources for the RF100PC6.
Datasheet available under our Resources tab.
Synapse RF100PC6 Module with Integrated 'F' Antenna is available in:
Solarbotics Synapse RF100PC6 Snap X-Change Bundle and
Solarbotics Synapse RF100PC6 Coordinator Bundle
We added a handy Synapse Module Comparison Chart, click on thumbnail to view a pdf: