Serial Miniature LCD Module 1.44"
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The uLCD-144(GFX) is a compact and cost effective stand-alone display module using the latest state of the art LCD (TFT) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor. Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features are built inside the GOLDELOX-GFX2 chip.
The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop3 IDE (editor, compiler, linker and downloader). This will save weeks even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language, syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices. In short, the uLCD-144(GFX) offers one of the most flexible embedded graphics solutions available.
To interface the LCD to your PC/Laptop you can use an FTDI adapter, but please keep in mind that unfortunately you can't plug the adapter directly onto the LCD headers as the pinout is different. Just attach DTR to RESET, TX to RX, RX to TX, V to Vin, & GND to GND.
A change in firmware to SGC mode will allow the LCD to be hooked up to a microcontroller.
- 128xRGBx128 resolution, 65K true to life colors, LCD-TFT screen
- 1.44” diagonal size, 43 x 31 x 5.7mm. Active Area: 25.5mm x 26.5mm
- LED back lighting with greater than 150° viewing angle
- Easy 9 pin interface to any external device:
- 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, Vin
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language.
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
- Digital I/O
- A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
- Complex sound generation
- Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
- Multi-Switch Joystick
- Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars).
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 256K baud).
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64Mb to 2Gig micro-SD as well as micro-SDHC memory cards starting from 4GB and above.
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full color images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts).
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).