Ever be in the situation where you wanted to have a sequence of operations performed at a PC, but simply didn't have the programming or scripting knowledge? Or wanted a simple robot-interface to your PC that would act on inputs you could feed it? Here's your solution: the PoKeys55.
The POKeys55 is a USB interface device with these key features:
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0 HID standard (it registers as a HID "Human Interface Device")
- Standard USB keyboard emulation
- Standard USB joystick emulation
- Store up to 64 keyboard macros (up to 256 characters each)
- 55 digital inputs (can be used as virtual keyboard keys)
- 55 digital inputs and outputs
- 5 analog inputs 10-bit (can be used as virtual joystick axes, or trimpot adjustments)
- Use up to 25 incremental encoders can be connected. Useful for reading in dial-type inputs!
- Read a keypad matrix up to 8x8
- Drive 6 pulse-width modulation signals up to 12MHz
- Drive an inexpensive parallel HD44780 LCD display (up to 4 lines of 20 characters)
- Software controlled 10-bit analog output
- Up to 255 units can be connected to one computer
- Intuitive and user-friendly software.
- Plug-in for Artsoft's Mach 3 CNC software available
So what could you do with it precisely? Let's see:
- Write canned sequence to make your PC run applications at specific times. If it doesn't have a command-line, this will fake you being right there at the keyboard!
- Build a custom Monome-type device (multiple lit button interface)
- Read inputs from up to 55 switches (like door latches, position sensors, movement limit switches)
- Drive up to 55 LEDs for your own light show (limited to 4mA/channel, max sink current of 100mA. Use transistors!)
- Control on-screen variables with a real rotational encoder.
- Drive a motor at variable speeds with any of the 6 PWM channels or analog output line
- Drive an LCD display and feed it data triggered from either the PoKeys55 I/O or via the PoKeys55 DLL interface!
- Drive a CNC machine (computer-controlled machining!), and have it interface with a digital read-out.
All the I/O are controlled by the provided software which allows either to use the graphical user interface or advanced console type interface. The settings can be stored on the device, so no special software is needed on target system. PoKeys55 can be used as industrial or CNC control, custom joystick or keyboard or data acquisition board.
- One available USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port.
- USB HID device driver enabled operating system (Windows 98 SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac OS).
- Included software requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista with .NET framework 3.0 installed.