SLVR-1 Power Supply
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
It's a handy power-breakout, featuring barrel-jack input, and multiple 5V regulated, unregulated, and USB-compatible power taps.
It looks like a generic power board, and it is. And it's surprisingly useful one at that.
Feed it 8~20VDC in, and then get convenient 5V access through 8-pairs of +/- pins, and a USB jack configured with bias resistors for "iDevice" charging. And there's taps for 4 pairs of unregulated (Vsource) power. With a power switch.
Besides being a handy project power-supply, we've successfully used it as a remote power center for a Synapse Radio / Star Controller demonstration board, which it was ideal for. We pushed 12V into the power board, sent the regulated 5V to the logic controller board, and passed the 12V directly to the LEDs, all from the same board. AND we still had the USB A power jack for powering an Arduino demonstration.
- 1A LM7805 regulator with internal short-circuit current limit, and reverse installation protection
- AC/DC input power supply compatible (polarity insensitive inputs due to the included diode bridge rectifier)
- Multiple Power Inputs via:
- .200" Holes ideal for terminal blocks, or large gauge wire soldering
- 2x4 .100" header for either male or female header pins.
- Multiple output Outputs via:
- 1 x .200" Hole pair, ideal for terminal blocks, or large gauge wire soldering
- 2x8 .100" Header for either male or female header pins to be used. Lots of connection points!
- Power switch - turn the power supply off for battery powered projects
- LED power indicator
- USB A socket - Power your USB devices (such as your Arduino) directly from the power supply with a standard USB cable.
- iDevice-compatible charge-enable circuitry
- Typical Input Voltage Range: 8-12VAC/VDC (bridge rectifier can be bypassed to enable use of lower 6VDC input power)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 20VDC
- Output Voltage: 5VDC
- Output Current: In excess of 1A (Higher input voltages reduce maximum output current)
This unit is modifiable for additional performance - add a bigger heatsink for supplying higher current. Or replace the IC for different voltages, or to utilize a high-efficiency switching voltage regulator!
Available exclusively at Solarbotics!