BittyBot Micro Line Sensor Kit
The Bittybot Micro Line sensor is a convenient way to build edge or line sensors, especially for MicroSumos!
MicroSumo builders should appreciate having a tight and tidy dual edge-sensor array like offered by the BittyBot Micro Line Sensor. Building a fighting robot within a 5cm cube is enough of a challenge! But besides being handy for MicroSumo, it's a convenient dual reflection sensor for larger devices too!
The features include:
- Dual detection (two opto-reflector sensors!)
- 1.55" x 0.35" x 0.10" thick (Perfect for MicroSumos!)
- Range of ~1-5mm
- Red and green indicator LEDs
- Each IR photodetector measures surface reflectivity to distinguish dark and light surfaces
- Analog output per sensor reads less than 1V for distances of ~1-5mm from a white surface, and quickly ramps up to ~5V beyond 5mm. Also reads ~5V for a black surface.
- Outputs compatible with digital inputs of most microcontrollers and other logic devices. (Use with the MEGAbitty's interrupt inputs for quick response to surface color transitions!)
- 5V operation
Note: This is a kit that requires some manual dexterity to assemble correctly!