BittyBot 2-Way Object Sensor Kit
If you want a really small, compact sensor to detect obstacles coming at your device, the 2-direction sensor kit is just the thing!
This 2-direction object sensor is great for short-range, wide field detection. The Sharp IS471 sensor provides modulation to the IR LEDs, and decodes the reflected signal, which helps the noise-immunity. Ideal for tiny robots - it's only 1.55" (3.94cm) wide!
Here are the full specifications:
- Forward-looking two-sensor object-detector
- 1.55" x 0.35" x 0.10" thick (3.94 x 0.89 x 0.25cm)
- Short-range sensing of up to 4-6" (10.16-15.24cm)
- Dual IR LEDS on each side increase IR output coverage
- "Objected detected" red and green indicator LEDs
- Digital binary output for each sensor makes it easy to interface with most microcontrollers ('low' on detect)
- Uses the Sharp's popular IS471F integrated IR sensor & driver
- 5V operation
Note: This is a kit that requires some manual dexterity to assemble correctly!