EMIC 2 Text to Speech Module
Give your project a voice, and more than just pre-recorded messages on loop! The EMIC 2 takes a serial string and turns it into synthesized voice.
The Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module from Grand Idea Studio and Parallax fills a niche to make it simple to convert a string of text to audible voice text. It still sounds synthesized, by hey, who's going to believe you wedged a tiny person into your Arduinobot?
It also features a pretty comprehensive command interface to tweak how you want it to behave.
- High-quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Nine predefined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- Industry-standard DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1)
- Reading Internet-based data streams (such as e-mails or Twitter feeds)
- Conveying status or sensor results from robots, scientific equipment, or industrial machinery
- Language learning or speech aids for educational environments
- Single row, 6-pin, 0.1" header for easy connection to a host system
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 30 mA idle, 46-220 mA active (depending on speech parameters and output load)
- Communication: Asynchronous 9600 bps serial (8N1)
- Dimensions: 1.25" W x 1.5" L x 0.37" H (3.17 W x 3.81 L x 0.94 H cm)
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 °C (-4 to +158 °F)