This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The MaxSonar-EZ1 Ultrasonic Range Finder is a tiny, easy-to-use ultrasonic ranging system that can be easily interface to any microcontroller.
The MaxSonar-EZ1 is one of the smallest, most efficient, sonar (ultrasonic) ranging systems available. The MaxSonar-EZ1 can detect objects from 0-inches to 254-inches (6.45 meters / 21.1 ft.) and provides sonar range information from 6-inches out to 254-inches with 1-inch resolution. The interface output formats included are pulse width output, analog voltage output, and serial output (TTL).
For further comparisons between the various MaxBotix ultrasonic distance sensors, check out their comparison chart.
- Continuously variable gain for beam control and side lobe suppression
- Object detection includes zero range objects
- Single 5V supply with just 2mA typical current draw!
- Readings can occur up to every 50 ms, (20-Hz rate)
- Free run operation can continually measure and output range information
- Triggered operation provides the range reading as desired
- All interfaces are active simultaneously
- TTL Serial (0-5V) @ 9600 Baud, 8N1
- Analog (10 mV/inch)
- Pulse width (147 uS/inch)
- Learns ringdown pattern when commanded to start ranging
- Designed for protected indoor environments
- Sensor operates at 42KHz
- High output 10V PP square wave sensor drive