Parallax Wide Angle PIR Sensor
Check out this awesome PIR Motion Sensor, complete with infrared goodness!
PIR sensors are a very proven technology - they're in practically every security system you've seen, so they've got to be pretty good. Now Parallax has taken these useful sensors, added their usual brilliant twist to them, and now make them available to you in a tidy, efficient package!
Moving blobs of IR heat energy (that'd be me, you, and the dog) are detected up to 30 feet away by the built-in Fresnel lens. A simple 4-pin (ground, power, signal, enable) output is compatible with practically any microcontroller.
- 180˚ detection angle for widespread motion detection
- Detects movement up to 30 ft away
- User-selectable "night-time mode" for detecting motion in decreased lighting conditions
- Adjustable sensitivity to tune for different operating conditions
- 4-pin SIP package perfect for breadboard-friendly projects
- Small size and mounting holes for easy concealment
- Motion-activated nightlight
- Alarm system
- Holiday animated props
- Voltage requirements: 3.0 to 6.0 VDC
- Current requirements: 150 uA idle, 3 mA active (no load)
- Communication: Single-bit high/low output
- Dimensions: 1.42 x 1.42 x 0.79 in (36.0 x 36.0 x 20.2 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)