Parallax USB RFID Reader Module SKU: 33156
Parallax USB RFID Reader Module
The Parallax RFID Reader Module is a 125 kHz RFID reader, with a USB connection.
Available on backorder
RFID can be kinda handy. Want to start your own library? Count how many times the kids go to the bathroom? You’ll need an RFID reader for that..
The Parallax RFID Reader Module USB is a low-cost solution to read passive RFID transponder tags. Unlike their other RFID reader, this one is USB interfaced. Just jack it into your PC, and you’re reading how many times Junior borrows your copy of MAKE magazine.
- Built-in USB interface for easy connection to your PC
- 2400 baud serial output stream to PC is accessible from any programming language that can open a COM port
- Transponder tag ID data given as a 12-byte ASCII String
- Bi-color LED for visual indication of activity
- Power requirements: 5 VDC (powered by USB port)
- Dimensions: 2.45 x 3.25 in (62.2 x 82.5 mm)
- Operating temp range: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Note: a USB A to Mini-B cable is required. You’ll also need RFID tags too!
There are a variety of transponder tags that come in different packages. Each tag has a specific range that is within 10% of the given distance for each type of tag due to environmental conditions and RFID modules.
|Dimensions||10 × 7 × 1 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.