This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
This kit contains a 125 KHz RFID reader and additional parts.
The PhidgetRFID USB Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag reader allows you to passively identify and log objects, people, animals, or whatever you can think of, at a distance of about 4 - 6 inches.
The RFID Reader board connects to a PC via a standard USB cable (included). It generates a 125 KHz RF field which, when a tag is brought close enough, powers the tag and reads the unique code stored in it. This information is then passed to the PC.
The reader has 4 controllable outputs:
- RF Field: The 125 KHz RF field can be turned on and off
- On-Board LED: The onboard LED can be turned on and off
- Remote LED: A connector is provided to connect a remote LED (20 mA). This can be turned on and off via the USB port
- Switched 5 Volt: A connector is provided to allow connection of a 5 -volt device (such as an electric door latch) which can be controlled via USB
Each kit includes 10 unique RFID tags. They are made of a food-safe plastic and can be used for a wide variety of applications such as:
- Security: Tags can control access to doors
- Farming: Tags can be attached to animals
- Manufacturing: Tags can be used to identify products on an assembly line
The applications are limitless -anywhere you need to uniquely identify something or someone.
- 1 1024 – PhidgetRFID Read/Write (comes with USB cable)
- 8 Assorted EM4012 Read-only RFID Tags
- 8 Assorted T5577 Read/Write RFID Tags
- A 6-ft USB Cable (not shown)
|Please Note that this reader can only be used with 125 KHz RDIF Tags