A compact but powerful, PICAXE microcontroller. Very popular due to its low cost and small size.
The new PICAXE-20M2 microcontroller builds on the pedigree of the ever popular 20 pin PICAXE microcontrollers by adding new and improved features at no extra cost.
- Up to 8 separate tasks in parallel.
- Almost every pin is individually configurable, up to 14 outputs.
- Program memory capacity has been increased to 2048 bytes (about 1800 lines of code)
- There are now 512 general purpose variables that can be addressed directly or indirectly
- Data memory 512 bytes
- A new "time" variable increments every second
- Many more ADC channels are now available
- Touch sensing is available on each analog input
- A Digital to Analog Converter is included and there is an internal Fixed Voltage Reference
- Operation between 1.8 and 5.5 volts (brownout detection is 1.9 volts and must be disabled for lower voltage operation)
- Clock frequencies up to 32MHz (4MHz default)
- Serial download pins can be used as general purpose I/O pins
- Timeouts are available for serial, infra-red, and keyboard commands
- Enhanced LED flashing and connectivity for play and tune commands
- Servo command has been updated to reduce jitter and operates and 4 and 16MHz clock frequencies
- Infra-red input and output on any pin
- Manchester encoding is available for radio transmission
- More PWM outputs
- Longer nap delays
- Weak pull-ups can be configured on input pins. Supports TTL and ST
- Hardware serial port for higher baud rates and internal buffering for serial input
- SR latch
- Backwards compatible with programs written for M series chips by adding "let dirsB = 255" at the beginning of a program
- Chip name is printed on the chip