This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The PICAXE-40X2 IC is the biggest, baddest PICAXE made - even better than the 40X1!
The PICAXE 40X1 used to be the top-dog of the PICAXE lineup, with the most pins and most memory. But now the 40X2 has kicked things up a notch, offering better performance and features. What exactly has been improved?
- Up to 4 internal program slots and 32 external program slots
- Increased RAM, up to 256 bytes + 1024 bytes scratchpad
- Increased operating speed, up to 40MHz
- Individual pin input/output control
- 0-10 ADC pins available
These are all built up on top of the old X1 specifications:
- 4.2 to 5.5 volt operation (Want something lower? Try the 3V version!)
- 1000 lines memory
- 33 Configurable I/O
- Hardware I2C support for easy peripheral connecting
- Internal Timer
- Increased variables and separate memory scratchpad
- Enhanced mathematical functions
- Line-by-line simulation
- 12-Bit Digital temperature sensors
- Servo control
- Keyboard input
- IR transmit/receive
- Plays user-defined musical tones
- PWM Motor control
- Input Pulse counting
- Serial output & debugging via programming cable
- Higher baud rate for serial work
- Based on the PIC 18F4520 IC
The ‘PICAXE’ system is a powerful, low cost microcontroller programming system designed to simplify educational and hobbyist use of microcontrollers. PICAXE chips can be programmed in a graphical flow-chart environment or in easy to understand BASIC.
PICAXE is a trademark of Revolution Education.