PICAXE-28X2 Shield Base (Kit)
The PICAXE-28X2 shield base has been designed to be compatible with almost all 'shield modules' as used with the Arduino system. This a very affordable project board for PICAXE development!
This kit allows use of the various Arduino-compatible shields (Ethernet, LoL, MP3, GVS, Motor controllers) with the PICAXE-28X2 microcontroller system, programming in BASIC. The PICAXE-28X2 chip (the 2.1-5.5V version) is included with this purchase. This pack also includes a free AXE405 proto shield PCB for experimentation. This is the kit version of the Shield base that does require soldering.
The PICAXE Shield Base can be used with any software application that supports the PICAXE hardware, including the free PICAXE Programming Editor and/or Logicator for PIC Micros software.
- PICAXE Shield Base (unassembled) - AXE401K
- PICAXE Proto Shield Board - AXE405
- PICAXE-28X2 Microcontroller - AXE010X2
- Firmware: PICAXE-28X2
- Microcontroller: Microchip PIC18F25K22-I/SP
- Programming Language: BASIC or flowcharts
- Open Source Hardware with a Not for profit PCB
- Support for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Microcontroller System Voltage: 5V or 3V (jumper selectable)
- Recommended Supply Voltage:9-12V (We found that you could go as low as 7V)
- LDO (Low drop out) 500mA 5V and 3V linear voltage regulators on board
- D13 LED available with jumper disconnect
- Female 8-pin and 6-pin headers with option for true protoboard shield mounting option
- On board i2c EEPROM socket
- Separate programming and i/o pins
- TX / RX select jumper headers
- Through hole for easy self assembly
- Program Slots: 4 x 4k
- User RAM bytes:1296 (256 + 1024 + 16)
- Clock Speed: 32KHz - 64MHz
- Non-volatile EEPROM bytes: 256
- Run extra programs from i2c
Please Note: The needed PICAXE USB programming cable is not included but is available here.