Every evil-doer knows where the S.H.I.E.L.D. base it, or they should know (lest they get their butt kicked). But this Shield Base, well, this is something special. Build by the creative forces (of truth & justice) at Revolution Tech. Ed., this shield base adapts the popular PICAXE-28X2 microcontroller to many Arduino-compatible shields (Ethernet, LoL, MP3, GVS, Motor controllers).
Yeah, you hear right! Use many of the Arduino-compatible shields with PICAXE, meaning you can do away with the C-like syntax of Arduino and use simpler BASIC style programming techniques! This kit (yes, soldering required) comes with the PICAXE-28X2 chip (the 2.1-5.5V version), and a free AXE405 proto shield PCB for experimentation.
The PICAXE Shield ase can be used with any software application that supports the PICAXE hardware, including the free PICAXE Programming Editor and/or Logicator for PIC Micros software.
- PICAXE Shield Base (assembled) - AXE401
- PICAXE Proto Shield Board (unassembled) - AXE405
- PICAXE-28X2 Microcontroller - AXE010X2
- Firmware: PICAXE-28X2
- Microcontroller: microchip PIC18F25K22-I/SP
- Programming language: BASIC or flowcharts
- Open Source (not for profit exclusion) PCB
- Support for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Microcontroller system voltage: 5V or 3V (jumper selectable)
- Recommended supply voltage: 9-12V (We found that you could go as low as 7V)
- LDO (Low drop out) 500mA 5V and 3V linear voltage regulators on board
- D13 LED available with jumper disconnect
- Female 8-pin and 6-pin headers with option for true protoboard shield mounting option
- On board i2c EEPROM socket
- Separate programming and i/o pins
- TX / RX select jumper headers
- Through hole for easy self assembly
- Program slots: 4 x 4k
- User RAM bytes:1296 (256 + 1024 + 16)
- Clock speed: 32KHz - 64MHz
- Non-volatile EEPROM bytes: 256
- Run extra programs from i2c
Please Note: The needed PICAXE USB programming cable is not included but is available here.