The PICAXE-28X1 is a new revision of the popular 28 series, with way more memory, many more I/O, and supporting I2C! Now you're working with a pretty powerful micro, and still not having to crack a book on "C" programming!
A.5 firmware now in stock!
The PICAXE-28X1 features:
- 1000 lines memory
- 0-12 Inputs
- 9-17 outputs
- Hardware I2C support for easy peripheral connecting
- Internal Timer
- Increased variables and separate memory scratchpad
- Enhanced mathematical functions
- 0-4 8/10-bit Analog-to-Digital converters (ADC)
- 20MHz maximum operation speed (4MHz normally)
- Line-by-line simulation
- 12-Bit Digital temperature sensors
- Servo control
- Keyboard input
- IR transmit/receive
- Plays user-defined musical tones
- PWM Motor control
- Input Pulse counting
- Serial output & debugging via programming cable
- Higher baud rate for serial work
- Based on the PIC 16F886 IC
The 'PICAXE' system is a powerful, low cost microcontroller programming system designed to simplify educational and hobbyist use of microcontrollers. PICAXE chips can be programmed in a graphical 'flow-chart' environment or in easy to understand BASIC.
Memory (lines) = Approximate number of lines of program code the chip can hold.
Data Memory = Bytes of EEPROM memory on board (128-Prog means 128 Bytes less the space needed for your program. 256+I2C means 256 Bytes + any external EEPROM space you add via the I2C interface).
Polled Interrupt = A process that automatically checks a pin in between each command to see if something has happened (very useful!)
PICAXE Manual Part 1 - Getting Started (.pdf)
PICAXE Manual Part 2 - BASIC Commands (.pdf)
PICAXE Manual Part 3 - Interfacing Circuits (.pdf)
Programming Editor (.exe)