Picaxe 18M2 IC
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
PICAXE-18M1 was good. The successor, PICAXE-18M2 is better. Now with parallel multitasking (wow!), adjustable pin arrangement, extra ADC, and more configurability.
PICAXE keeps cranking up the improvements! This addition to the popular 18 pin PICAXE is quite notable:
- Almost every pin is configurable, so you can have 13 outputs instead of the default 8 (if you wish!) – the choice is yours! Or stay with the default pin configuration if that works best for you.
- Parallel tasks! The 18M2 can now run four separate tasks in parallel, allowing a Logicator flowsheet to contain 4 separate start cells and 4 separate flowchart tasks. Multitasking is also supported in BASIC program listings.
- Need more input pins? The reset and serial input pins can now be used as 2 extra inputs!
- Extra ADC (Analog-Digital Converters) on other pins
- New lower 1.8V operation now makes the 18M2 ideal for use with 3V battery packs - save the cost of one battery!
- Support for touch sensor inputs.
- New software ‘reset’ command.
- The 18M2 device replaces all of the older 18/18A/18M/18X parts and so gives 18X equivalent memory capacity (2048 bytes, up to 1800 lines of program) at the same price as the older 256 byte 18A/18M – so that is 8x the memory capacity of the older parts for no extra cost!
- Faster internal resonator (up to 32MHz) means up to 8x faster program processing.
- Fully backwards compatible with all existing 18 pin PICAXE project boards and programs written for any older 18 pin PICAXE part.
- Twice as many (now 28) general purpose byte variables, with up to a total of 256 bytes of RAM.
- New ‘time’ variable counts elapsed seconds.
- 256 bytes of non-volatile data EEPROM memory.
- Full support for common features such as ring tone tunes, servos, digital temperature sensors and infra-red input and output on any pin.
- Full support for advanced features like DAC, SR latch, hardware serial commands (for much faster baud rates), i2c memory devices and PWM control of motors.
- The PICAXE-18M2 is a new custom part factory manufactured by Microchip Inc. for Revolution Education and so is factory engraved with the full PICAXE-18M2 name – no more confusing PIC numbers for students to decipher!