This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
Surface mount PICAXE? You bet! All the power of the PICAXE-18X in a tiny 300mil SOIC.
Sometime, you just have to build smaller. If you love these great PICAxe chips, you'll be happy to know that the PICAxe-18X is now available as a 300mil SOIC! That means you have your 5 inputs, 8 outputs, and I2C support!
The PICAXE-18X offers:
- 600 lines memory
- 8 inputs
- 8 outputs
- I2C Interfacing for easy peripheral connecting
- 8/10-bit Analog-to-Digital converters (ADC)
- 8MHz maximum operation speed (4MHz normally)
- 12-Bit Digital temperature sensors
- Servo control
- Keyboard input
- IR transmit/receive
- Plays user-defined musical tones
- PWM Motor control
- Input Pulse counting
- Serial output & debugging via programming cable
- Higher baud rate for serial work
- Based on the PIC 16F88 IC
Memory (lines) = Approximate number of lines of program code the chip can hold.
Data Memory = Bytes of EEPROM memory on board. "128 (-Prog)" means 128 Bytes less the space needed for your program. 256+I2C means 256 Bytes + any external EEPROM space you add via the I2C interface).
Polled Interrupt = A process that automatically checks a pin in between each command to see if something has happened (very useful!)
PICAXE Manual Part 1 - Getting Started (.pdf)
PICAXE Manual Part 2 - BASIC Commands (.pdf)
PICAXE Manual Part 3 - Interfacing Circuits (.pdf)
Programming Editor (.exe)