Have you seen a Parallax Propeller chip yet? WOW they are feature packed! Parallax has managed to stuff a huge amount of functionality and the power to support it into a single chip. To best start working with it, we recommend you take a look at the Propeller Professional Development Board.
The PPDB (yes, it is a mouthful) is a high-quality, fully-integrated development platform for the Propeller microcontroller. A wide variety of typical I/O (LEDs, Buttons, etc.) devices and circuitry are built into the PPDB, providing the developer with an ideal platform for rapid Propeller project development.
- 40-pin DIP socket for P8X32A-D40 Propeller microcontroller
- 24LC256 32K EEPROM included
- 5 MHz crystal included
- 5V and 3.3V regulators on board
- Built-in USB programming interface
- Six blue 16-segment LED displays (5V & 3.3V compatible)
- Sixteen blue discrete LEDs (5V & 3.3V compatible)
- L293D high-current driver for motors, solenoids, etc.
- Eight active-low push-buttons with 3.3V pull-ups
- Eight active-low DIP switches with 3.3V pull-ups
- Two 10K potentiometers
- Eight servo headers with selectable on-board/external power source
- DS1302 real-time clock with battery backup/charging capability
- MAX4411 headphone amplifier with 1/8" stereo phone jack
- MAX3232E RS-232 DCE interface
- Two PS/2 ports with 5V power and 3.3V pull-ups on clock/data lines
- 15-pin HD D-sub connector for VGA monitor
- Ground terminal for oscilloscope ground clip
- Power requirements: 7-12 VDC (59 mA quiescent current @ 12V)
- Communication: USB serial programming interface
- Dimensions: 9 x 5-1/4 x 3/4 in (230 x 135 x 20 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)