Plug this Adafruit LiPoly charger into Any standard 2.1mm DC adapter which puts out 5 to 12VDC, or USB port and you're ready to charge. Accidentally plug in both? No problem - the charger will automatically choose whichever has the highest voltage.
It's a well thought out unit, with multiple LEDs for power & charging status and high-temperature detection that slows down the charge rate. The charge rate is adjustable between 100ma to 1.2A, ideal for most hobby-level LiPoly uses.
- Use USB or DC power - 5 to 12V input
- Charges one single-cell 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells) with constant current/constant voltage
- Three indicator LEDs - green for power, orange for charging and red for error
- Charging LED will blink when the battery is full
- You don't have to worry about heat dissipation in the charger, even when plugging in a 12V DC power jack - thermal protection inside will slow down the charge rate to prevent damage
- 2 JST connections so you can keep the battery plugged in and powering your project
- Terminal block connections galore (if you don't like JST connectors) just solder in 3.5mm terminal blocks
- Default charge rate is about 280mA, but you can easily change this by soldering in a through-hole resistor on. The chip can do 100-1200 mA charging
- Safety timer will stop charging after about 14 hours
The chip supports a standard 10K thermistor, which we have stuffed as a standard resistor. You can solder in a thermistor easily
- Lots of information in the datasheet for the MCP73861
- Fully assembled, tested and comes with a free JST cable
- See the schematic in Documentation tab
- Dimensions: 40mm x 44mm x 13mm (1.6in x 1.7in x 0.5in)
- Weight: 11.7g ( 0.4oz)
Please Note: Battery, USB cable and DC power adapter not included but are available on our site.