Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board with Amp
This Product Has Been Discontinued, This Page Is For Reference Only.
The Audio FX Sound Board lets you trigger and play WAV/OGG files with no additional amplifier or microcontroller required.
If you need just to play pre-recorded sounds that are triggered when someone pushes a button, then you need this. The Audio FX Sound Board from Adafruit is standalone and does not require a microcontroller or mini-computer to operate. There is no programming required and therefore it is perfect for costumes and simple interactive displays.
This version comes with a built in 2x2 Watt stereo class D amplifier meaning you don't need a separate circuit, you just plug your speakers straight in. If you don't need the amplifier, such as cases where you are just using headphones, then check out the Audio FX Sound Board without Amp.
- No Arduino or other microcontroller required! It is completely stand-alone, just needs a 3 to 5.5VDC battery
- Small - only 1.9" x 0.85"
- Built in storage - Yep! you don't even need an SD card, there's 2MB of storage on the board itself. Good for a few minutes of compressed stereo, and maybe half a minute of uncompressed stereo. Double that if you go with mono instead of stereo. If you need more storage, check out the 16MB version.
- Built in mass storage USB - Plug any micro USB cable into the Sound Board and your Windows computer, you can drag and drop your files right on as if it were a USB key.
- Compressed or uncompressed audio - Go with compressed Ogg Vorbis files for longer audio files, or uncompressed WAV files
- High quality sound - You want 44.1KHz 16 bit stereo? Not a problem! The decoding hardware can handle any bit/sample rate and mono or stereo
- 11 Triggers - Connect up to 11 buttons or switches, each one can trigger audio files to play
- Stereo line out - We breakout the line out levels so you can connect up headphones if desired
- 2 x 2W class D amplifier - Get booming instantly, we baked in a stereo amplifier that can drive 4-8 ohm speakers, up to 2.2W with only 1% distortion
- Five different trigger effects - By changing the name of the files, you can create five different types of triggers which will cover a large range of projects without any programming
- Dimensions: 23mm x 51mm x 3mm / 0.9" x 2" x 0.1"
- Weight: 4.9g