The I2C-RTC board is a 6-pin CMOS Real-time Clock device using I2C bus. There are no external components required.
The I2C-RTC board is a 6-pin CMOS Real-time Clock device using I2C bus. There are no external components required. Only two signal lines SDA and SCL plus supply voltage and ground are required to be connected. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require real-time clock.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other real-time clock module. Innovations feature like on-board pull-up resistors, battery holder and power LED. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.80 x 1.05 inches.
The I2C-RTC is designed base on DS1340-33 IC. It is a real-time clock (RTC)/calendar including the software clock calibration. The device additionally provides a lower timekeeping voltage, and an oscillator STOP flag. The device is capable of block access for the register map. Two additional registers, which are accessed individually, are required for the trickle charger and flag. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. A built-in power-sense circuit detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup supply. Reads and writes are inhibited while the clock continues to run.
• Software clock calibration
• RTC counts seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year
• Automatic power-fail detect and switch circuitry
• Low timekeeping voltage down to 1.3V
• Oscillator stop flag
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board I2C pull-up resistors, battery holder and power LED
• Decoupling supply voltage
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• All SMT components
• Small and compact in size 0.80 x 1.05 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
• Support Fast (400kHz) I2C interface
• Flexible operating power supply voltage range of 2.97V to 5.5V
• Suitable for 3.3V or 5.0V microcontroller