The I2C-DAC board is a 6-pin CMOS 8-bit digital-to-analog converter device using I2C bus. There are no external components required.
The I2C-DAC board is a 6-pin CMOS 8-bit digital-to-analog converter device using I2C bus. There are no external components required. Only two signal lines SDA and SCL plus supply voltage and ground are required to be connected. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require digital-to-analog converter.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other digital-to-analog converter module. Innovations feature like on-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors, and power LED. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.47 inches.
The I2C-DAC is designed base on DAC5571 IC. It is a low-power, single-channel, 8-bit buffered voltage output DAC. Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The output voltage range of the DAC is 0V to VCC. The I2C-DAC incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up at zero volts and remains there until a valid write to the device takes place.
A jumper pins vary the fixed I2C address and allow up to two devices to share the same I2C bus.
• Up to 2 devices on the same bus
• Resolution: 8-bit
• Fast Update Rate: 188 KSPS
• I2C Interface up to 3.4 Mbps
• On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier, Rail-to-Rail Operation
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors and power LED
• Decoupling supply voltage
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• All SMT components
• Small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.47 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
• Flexible operating power supply voltage range of +2.7V to +5.5V
• Suitable for 3.3V or 5.0V microcontroller